Friday 5 August 2011

Delon Armitage Looking To The Future

Delon Armitage has insisted that his bad boy days are behind him as he looks to cement his place in England’s World Cup squad, Armitage has been selected to play for England against Wales this weekend and the player would like to resurrect his career with England.

Armitage was banned twice last season, including an eight week suspension for shoving and abusing an anti-doping official which ruled him out of the RBS Six Nations, the player enjoyed a successful start to his England career in 2008-09 season and the England management kept faith in him.

Although the player was banned, the 27-year-old was allowed to train with the England squad and on Saturday will get his chance to start a Test for the first time in 17 months and press his claims for World Cup selection.

"It is no secret I have found it hard to manage by emotions," admitted Armitage.

"I play the game with passion and sometimes with a little bit too much. That is what I have been working on. I like playing on the edge; it just needs to be a little bit controlled sometimes.

"The last year didn't go as well as I wanted it to. I am just glad I am here with an opportunity to get back in the squad.

"I want to play for England and nothing is going to stop me getting where I want to get. It has been a long wait for me.

"What happened happened. I felt really bad about it but now I am back focused on playing well for England and trying to get into the World Cup squad." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...