Tuesday 5 July 2011

Tiger Woods Pulls Out Of British Open

Tiger Woods has been forced to pull out of the forthcoming British Open, the former World Number One had hoped to be in contention to play at next week's Open Championship at Sandwich.

Woods has been struggling ever since pulling out of the Players Championship with Achilles and knee injuries in his left leg; the American has undergone a rehabilitation program in hope of returning to full fitness to play at the season's third major.

Tiger was advised that it would be best to miss the Championship rather than risk another setback which in-turn could make the injury a lot worse.

"Unfortunately, I've been advised that I should not play in the British Open," Woods stated on his official website.

"As I stated at the AT&T National, I am only going to come back when I'm 100% ready. I do not want to risk further injury.

Having played which the injury before, which has forced the player to be out of action for a while, Woods has now decided to play it safe and wants to return once he is fully fit.

"That's different for me, but I'm being smarter this time. I'm very disappointed and want to express my regrets to the British Open fans."

Woods had hoped to return for the US Open but did not make that and also missed last week's AT&T National.

"In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have competed at The Players, but it's a big event and I wanted to be there to support the tour," added Woods.

"I've got to learn from what I did there and do it right this time and not come back until I'm ready.

"I think my best years are still ahead of me and I'm very confident and optimistic about the future." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...