Thursday 28 July 2011

James Degale To Face Piotr Wilczewski For Euro Title

James Degale' manager and promoter Frank Warren has secured Degale for a shot at the European title against Piotr Wilczewski. Degale has been out of action since his controversial points loss against George Groves.

James Degale has thanked Frank Warren for getting him a title shot in his first fight back since the Groves bout. The fight against the Pole with be around September time although a finalised date and venue has yet to be agreed.

Speaking about the news about fighting for the European title, Degale said: "It's fantastic that I'm fighting for the European title on my first fight back and full credit to Frank Warren for doing a great job in getting me it.

"I still think I won the fight against Groves, but that's in the past and I'm moving onwards and upwards in my career and the European title is a major title I want to win.

"Wilczewski is a tough and dangerous looking kid, he's got a good record, he carries a high world ranking and I reckon he is a much better fighter than Groves.

"It's a tough test and I'm looking forward to it. I want to be the best and I've got to get through this guy to prove it."

Wilczewski, 32, said: "DeGale is a good strong fighter and he proved his class winning the Olympic gold medal. I'm not worried by coming to England to face him.

"I guarantee that there will be more fans cheering for me in the arena on the night than him because there are more Polish people in England than back in Poland!" Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...