Wednesday 29 June 2011

Manchester United Sign David De Gea

Manchester United have confirmed their third signing of the summer, David De Gea has completed his move to the Red Devils and has signed a five-year contract at Old Trafford.

The former Atletico Madrid shot-stopper is seen as a direct replacement for Edwin van der Sar who retired from football at the end of last season, United have yet to announce the fee to sign the Goalkeeper.

De Gea stared for the Spanish under 21’s who captured the European Championships last week conceding only two goals during the whole tournament,

The 20-year-old passed a medical earlier this week and has spoke of his delight at signing for the Premier League champions

"I feel very proud and I can't wait to start playing here," De Gea  told MUTV.

"When a club the size of Manchester United  comes in for you it obviously makes you very, very happy.

"I saw their interest as an extra motivation to work even harder to show off my ability.

"It's a great privilege to be part of a club like United and I'm keen to do my best and show what I can do." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...