Tuesday 14 June 2011

Jordan Henderson Relishing Liverpool Opportunity

Jordan Henderson has insisted that he is eager to for the new season to begin, Liverpool’s new £20million signing from Sunderland who is currently in Denmark at the European Championships with the U21 Squad will be giving his all to fight for a place in the team and says once he makes the starting XI he intends to stay there.

The 20-year-old knows the stiff competition he will face to break into the team, but he is relishing the opportunity and says he would love to play in the middle of the park for the Anfield outfit.

"There'll be competition at any big club but I've got to make sure I work extremely hard and do everything I can to make sure I'm starting," said the youngster.

"If I train well and work hard I'll get my chance - and I'll take it as well. I spoke to the manager and he said I can play in a few positions.

"I'm not really bothered, all I care about is making sure that I'm in the starting XI and playing regular football. If I could choose I'd probably be centre midfield."

Liverpool have invested big in Henderson knows the fans will expect him to live up to his expensive price-tag.

"It's a lot of money but I don't make the figures up," he continued.

"It just shows Liverpool have a lot of faith in me and I'll keep learning and working hard to repay them.
"There are a lot of parts of my game I need to work on. I'll do everything I can."

Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...