Tuesday 31 May 2011

Diego Forlan Commits To Atletico Madrid

Diego Forlan has today insisted that he isn’t about to quit Atletico Madrid over the summer, after news that striker partner Sergio Aguero confirmed he will be leaving Forlan moved quickly to re-assure the fans that he will remain at Atletico.

The 32-year-old hitman scored 28 goals last season before winning the Golden Ball at last year's World Cup.

"I insist that I want to continue with this club although every day I am linked with a new club," he told Uruguayan newspaper El Observador.

The striker had been linked to Dubai based club Al Wasl, but the Uruguyan added; "The day I was in Sweden for a publicity event, some papers said that I had travelled to sign in Dubai.

"My situation is rare because the media says I'm not interested in staying with the club but I've said that those stories are not true.

"At the moment I have not received any offer. I still have two seasons (with Atletico) and I am very content there.

"I will only leave Atletico Madrid if an offer is received which is too tempting for all parties." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...