Wednesday 12 January 2011

Wayne Bridge Loaned to West Ham

Wayne Bridge has joined Premiership strugglers West Ham on loan until the end of the season, the left back has immediately set his sights on helping the Hammers avoid relegation from the Premier League, Wayne Bridge joined West Ham this evening after successfully passing a medical at Upton Park earlier in the day.

Bridge, 30 has found is difficult breaking into Mancini’s starting eleven this season after being limited to just nine appearances for City this season. The left back will be hoping feature against Arsenal on Saturday and he said West Ham’s official website;

"I am delighted to sign for West Ham United.

"I am just looking forward to meeting everyone at the training ground, starting work and getting out on the pitch and playing in front of the fans. I am glad the loan is sorted and I'm ready to play.

"It will be great to play a part in helping keep West Ham in the Premier League. It would be a big achievement."

The retired England international has no doubts that he has made the right choice by joining Avram Grant’s team on a six month loan deal, he added; "I know a few of the players from England and I know the physio,"

"I spoke to Scotty Parker and a few people and they told me what a great club it is. That definitely helped me make the decision to come here, said Bridge.

"There is a lot of quality here and I know we can move up the table. The first half on Tuesday was great. There should have been a few more goals and then the team came back with 10 men. If we can play like that every week we'll be fine.” Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...