Saturday 8 January 2011

Theo Walcott Admits Diving

Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has admitted that he dived intentionally to win a penalty in today's FA Cup game against Championship side Leeds United. Theo Walcott’s initial plea for a penalty was waived away.

But moments later Walcott was fouled in the area, which Cesc Fabregas levelled from the spot to equalize squaring the game up at 1-1.

Walcott was quick to apologise for his behaviour after the match. He said; I want to apologise to the managers because I actually dived. I was trying to win the penalty,' the 21-year-old admitted.

'I said to one of their players "would you have done it?" and he said he probably would have. I am not the sort of player to do it but I own up to it and apologise. It is something I don't want to see in my game.'

Walcott added he had even joked with the referee about it being his first dive and asked fans to respect him for having the guts to apologise.

While club-colleague Jack Wilshere has backed Theo’s action and on his twitter page.  'Fair play to Theo for apologising! Takes a Real man to apologise!' the teenager, who was rested for the cup tie, tweeted. Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...