Monday 10 January 2011

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon d'or Award

Argentina and Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has won the Fifa Ballon d'Or trophy at a ceremony in Zurich tonight.

Messi, 23, won the prize - a combined trophy of the Fifa Player of the Year prize and Ballon d'Or, Messi beat his Barca team-mates Andres Iniesta and Xav to win the award.

"I'm surprised to win but pleased to be here with my friends," said Messi, who won the two separate awards last year.

Jose Mourinho, who won an unprecedented Treble with Inter Milan in 2010, was named the Coach of the Year.

Messi added: "To win it makes it even more special. I want to share it with all of my friends, my family, all the Barcelonistas and the Argentinians." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...