Monday 8 November 2010

Twitter Brings Robbie Savage & Rio Ferdinand together

Rio & Robbie Twitter Fans
Rio Ferdinand and Robbie Savage have never been the best of friends and let's face it - they weren't afraid for anyone and everyone to know it.

However, Rio has revealed how Twitter has brought him together with rival Robbie Savage. Ferdinand and football's Mr Marmite have had numerous encounters with each other on the pitch, including a half-time bust-up during Blackburn's Carling Cup semi-final at Old Trafford in 2006.

Savage admits in his autobiography, that during that particular incident he kicked Rio in the tunnel (which sounds painful on any level). Ferdinand also got sent off three weeks later after a challenge on Savage.

Generally, the two were not getting along very well.  To say the least.

However, social networking comes along like a benign fairy godmother and sprinkles fairy dust on the pair of them.  Both players are huge fans of the social networking site that is Twitter and can regualrly be seen poking fun at each other and exchanging banter like the regular guys that they are..

“I actually hated him. I hated him as a person, I didn’t like him,” Rio told Football Focus and not in a flouncy, childish or immature way at all.

“I didn’t know him. As a football thing. I got sent off in a game. I thought he was acting and he made more of it and I thought I didn’t like him, he’s not my type of guy...and then Twitter brought us together.”

'After Rio comments on Football Focus, Robbie Savage tweeted, “It's official ! Rio loves me ! I love you to Rio xx.”

Of course, the path of true love never runs smooth and it is only a matter of time before the pair fall out of their double pram and in to the headlines again - for all the wrong reasons.

We would say we warned you when it happens, but it's not exactly rocket science, is it?


Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...