Sunday 7 November 2010

Steven Gerrard looking for quick success

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is looking for a quick route in bringing trophies back to Anfield as he enters the last leg of his glittering career, Gerrard at 30, believes he can continue at the top level of football at least four more seasons. but after recent failures in winning any trophies, Gerrard is looking to the new American owners to invest quickly so they can seriously challenge for honours.

Speaking to the News of the World, Gerrard said, "I think the Americans have got the right ideas to build a platform for this club for many years to come but, of course, when I speak to them, I'm going to be wanting a quick fix. I've got four or five years left at this level and I want to win trophies before I finish, because that's what I go to work for."

He added: "This club will be here for many years so I think the right thing is to build for the future, bring young talent in, sort the scouting system out from top to bottom and, in my opinion, merge the Academy and Melwood, where the first team train."


Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...