Monday 29 November 2010

Roger Federer wins ATP Title

Roger Federer beats Rafael Nadal
Roger Federer recorded his fifth Barclays ATP World Tour Finals title after beating Rafael Nadal 6-3, 3-6, 6-1 at the O2 Arena in London on Sunday. The world number two won the first set but then Nadal gathered momentum for the second to level the match. But Federer, 16-time grand slam winner showed his class in the final set, with Nadal surprisingly having no answer for his aggressive play.

Many have questioned whether Federer has lost his touch after losing in the quarter-finals of both the French Open and Wimbledon and with Nadal knocking him off his the top of the rankings earlier in the year. But the Swiss showed he is still a top player and shouldn’t be written off just yet.

"Everything was there," said Federer.

"I think physically I was better than the last two seasons. That obviously makes me be very positive for next year, that I believe I can have another great season in 2011.

"I'm happy I made my ninth final this season. I've won five titles, won a slam. That obviously makes me be very positive for next year.

"I'm just really happy the way I was able to finish the season in style, playing some of my best tennis, really saving the best for last.

"Obviously, beating Rafa in the finals makes it extra special because of the year he had.

"I've had a good season. I don't see how someone can say it's been a bad season. I had some tough losses, sure but you're not going to win every tournament you play.

"After having somewhat of a disappointing clay, Halle, Wimbledon stretch, where I wasn't able to win any tournaments, maybe didn't play some of my best tennis, played a bit passive, it was important that I was able to pick up my game." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...