Tuesday 9 November 2010

Pepe Reina may quit Liverpool

Pepe Reina could leave Liverpool
Liverpool's Pepe Reina has hinted that he may quit Liverpool in the summer, the goalkeeper is frustrated at the lack of trophies Liverpool have won the past few seasons. The Spaniard, like other world stars with the merseysiders are bemused with the boardroom's lack of investment into the first-team so they can challenge for honours.

But with the recent takeover from John W. Henry and the New England Sports Ventures, the future is looking bright.

Pepe Reina said, "I signed a six-year contract seven months ago and I'm happy at the club, but every footballer wants to be competing for trophies and winning things," 

Reina is quoted in the this morning's Daily Mail saying, . "I will stay at Liverpool at least until the end of the season.

"I know there are rumours about me leaving, but I want to make it clear that I have no intention of going back to Spain."

He also added how influential former manager Rafa Benitez was in Reina signing with Liverpool, he said,  

"Rafael Benitez was an essential person for this club and the reason I came to Liverpool,"
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...