Sunday 7 November 2010

John Carew hits out at manager

Norwegian striker John Carew has hit out at his manager Gerald Houllier after the manager labelled him 'stupid', Carew who is out of contract at the end of the season and took offence to his manager's comments by speaking about contract talks via the media suggested he will delay the decision on announcing where his future lies . John Carew missed yesterday's game through a calf injury,

"If he wants me to fight for a contract, he should speak to me directly and not through the media," Carew said.

"This is disrespectful to me and to the fans who sing my name week in week out."

Houllier commenting after yesterday's dismal draw with Fulham yesterday at Craven Cottage, "I think he is stupid," he said,

"How can he say that? I didn't lack respect to him or anybody.

"Somebody asked me if it was a good chance for him and I said yes. What do you want me to say? No?
"I think John is living in the past at the moment.

"He should look at the figures, how long has he played and how many goals have we scored when he has been playing.

"I didn't lack respect to him but in doing that, he is lacking respect to me.

"I don't question his ability. I am not living in the past. We have been very unlucky with him with injury and illness. I know his ability.

"If he thinks that me saying yes is lacking respect, then I am not going to say sorry.

"I feel he should focus on the games, we are in difficulty at the moment. We don't get enough points."
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...