Saturday 13 November 2010

Bendtner could quit Arsenal

Bendtner wants first team football
Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has insisted to a Danish newspaper that he could quit the Gunners, Bendtner has becoming frustrated and the lack of first team opportunities at the Emirates. The Danish striker had been struggling with a groin injury for the first two months of the season, since regaining his fitness Nicklas has found himself warming the substitute bench, Bendtner joined Arsenal in the Summer of 2004, feels he deserves more than the two starts he has received this season.


Speaking to Danish newspaper BT, he said, "I'm extremely disappointed with the lack of minutes on the field.

"I feel I've done everything right in getting back to fitness and I'm in the best shape of my life.

"I feel better than before the injury and at that point I was in the starting XI and close to fulfilling my potential.

"When I'm 100 per cent fit, I can't accept sitting on the bench.

"I'm 100 per cent good enough for the starting XI in Arsenal.

"I have the qualities and I've been sitting enough on the bench in my career.

"If my manager feels differently that's fair, and he's the one choosing the team, but then I disagree."

Speaking about his lack of first team opportunities, he added, "If the situation doesn't change and I'm still on the bench at Arsenal, I'll look for a transfer. That's obvious.

"But my first priority is definitely - as it has always been - to play for Arsenal.

"I've had a lot of patience and I won't sit on the bench any more."

While Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said that Bendtner needs to be more patient and won't succumb to his ultimatums, Bendtner scored against Manchester City and in the Carling Cup win at Newcastle and insists he is in the best shape of his life.  Wenger added, "Have you ever seen a player who is on the bench and not frustrated?'' the Arsenal manager said. 


"When you try to convince a player that he has to be patient, then you waste your time, but that is what you have to do. You ask a player if he is fit after two training sessions and he says 'yes'. That is normal. I was the same.

"I have been very pleased with Nicklas' attitude and spirit. He has to continued to work, and when he is completely match fit he will play.

"I can understand because he has put a lot of effort in. Now he has to be a little bit patient. Nicklas has a good level of confidence and that is not bad, but you have to justify it on the football pitch.

"He is getting sharper in training. He will play games. But we are a big club and we have big strikers - you cannot start the season with one striker. You decide and, unfortunately, you can only play 11.''
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...