Monday 15 November 2010

Audley Harrison: I'm sorry

Audley Harrison
Audley Harrison has apologised for his performance against WBA Heavyweight champion David Haye.

Harrison was knocked out by David Haye in the third round at the M.E.N Arena on Saturday night. Harrison only hit David Haye once throughout the two and a half rounds of boxing and many fans are suggesting that they feel short changed with Harrison's performance and feel he just wanted a pay-day rather than fighting for the title.

Audley Harrison has today released a statement. He said, "To my family, my team and the fans who got behind me on this journey to overthrow David Haye and become heavyweight champion, I'm sorry I was unable to walk through the door and fulfil my destiny."


"I can promise I cut no corners in training and did all I could do in getting myself ready both physically and mentally for Saturday's fight.

"Ultimately, I didn't get going and my game plan to take over the fight in the later rounds was extinguished by the power and speed of David Haye who caught me clean around my guard.

"If I wanted an easy way out, I would have stayed down from the knockdown, but I rose and the referee's intervention saved me from a potentially bad knockout as David is a good finisher, but I would have gladly left the ring on a stretcher as I wanted to work my way through it.

"I make no excuses and I'm not sure where I go from here in boxing, but I'll lick my wounds, take some time out with my family and see what I want to do." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...