Wednesday 20 October 2010

Rooney Reveals Why

Wayne Rooney has today confirmed in statement that he wants to leave Old Trafford - due to lack of ambition. Rooney confirmed that he met with chairman David Gill last week and he wasn't very impressed with what he was being offered. To say the least.

Yesterday Rooney was keen to meet with Manager Alex Ferguson to hear what he had to say (or offer), but again the striker was not impressed.

Rooney, who has 18 months left on his contract said in a statement, "I met with David Gill [United Chief Executive] last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad,"

Rooney went on to confirm. "I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract." 

Speaking about his Manager's comments yesterday he said, "I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it."

He also added, "It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified."

Second Rooney Image Credit Flickr User GordonFlood Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...