Tuesday 5 October 2010

Mark Schwarzer to leave Fulham

Arsenal need for a goalkeeper has spurned Fulham goalkeeper into confirming that he wants a move away from Craven Cottage, Mark Schwarzer was a summer target for Arsenal and the new Fulham boss Mark Hughes dug his heels in to keep hold of the Australian stopper. But now Schwarzer has come out publicly expressing his desire to leave the West London club owned by former Harrods owner Mohamed Al-Fayed.

“A lot can happen between now and January. What will be, will be,” said Schwarzer.

“If there's an opportunity in January, then we'll explore it.

“This is the only time in my career I have ever tried to force an issue. I don't have time on my side. If you were a 30-year-old you would walk away and say 'fair enough, I understand'.

“But I'm almost 38 and I want to fulfil an ambition. The sheer opportunity that was there. That was very flattering, but sometimes you've just got to grin and bear it and just get on with normal life again as much as possible.” Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...