Monday 18 October 2010

Klitschko put Briggs in hospital

Vitali Klitschko put Shannon Briggs in hospital after their fight and remains there tonight, following their bout on Saturday night. Although the fight went the distance with Klitschko winning on points, with the media suggesting that the fight should of been stopped long before the 12th round. Shanno Briggs in now paying for his bravey during that fight. The American suffered concussion and fractured cheekbones during his lop-sided defeat to Vitali Klitschko.

Also the Ukranian champion wasted no time re-iterating his desire to face David Haye and add the Haye's WBA title to his own and the IBF and WBO belts currently held by his brother Wladimir.

"I would like to knock out Haye so that we can claim the only belt missing from the family's collection," he said.

"There is no-one in the world apart from my brother who can beat me, I am the strongest.

"I still have plenty of energy, and in a few months, I will be ready to get back in the ring."

Klitschko's agent said that they had made a generous offer to the Haye camp to try and convince him to step into the ring.

"We proposed that each fighter would receive 50 percent of the world rights, it is a fair offer," said Bernd Bonte.

"Haye has just to agree to it."

Meanwhile Shannon Briggs has released a statement from hospital saying,

Thank you all for your concern. I came to the hospital saturday night strictly as a precautionary measure, and after several tests the Dr.’s concluded that there were no severe head injuries. I am staying in the hospital to further examine an injury to my left bicep that I suffered in the first round. Unfortunately, the injury kept me from fully executing my fight plan. Not to take anything away from a brilliant performance by Vitali Klitchko Saturday night, had I had not injured my arm early on, who knows how the fight would have concluded.

We are grateful to the fine doctors and people of Hamburg for the excellent care and support they’ve given me thus far, and as a life long asthmatic sufferer I’m truly grateful to Dr. Charles Hensley and his homeopathic formulation Zivair that helped make it possible to go 12 rounds and compete for the WBC title.

As witnessed Saturday night and throughout my career, I never gave in even when my breathing was out of order or any injury kept me from being 100%. Despite prior reports, throughout the contest my trainer Herman Caicedo wanted to stop the fight, but I made it clear that stopping the fight was not an option. Thank you for all of your support and hopefully I showed you the heart of a lion and the perseverance of a champion.

Watch the fight below:

Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...