Tuesday 5 October 2010

Henry sorry for hard tackle

Wolves hardman Karl Henry has apologised following his dismissal against Wigan on Saturday. Herny was red carded for a dreadful late tackle on Wigan's Jordi Gomez at the DW Stadium last weekend. Referee Lee Mason issued Henry with a straight red card, Henry has said he regrets the challenge and would like to apologise to everyone connected with club.

"Having watched it again I can see that it looks horrific and realise that it was a deserved red card," he told the club's official website.

"I've already apologised to the manager, TC and the boys, but I'd also like to apologise to the supporters, especially the ones that travelled up to Wigan.

"If we had had 11 men on the pitch, there is no doubt in my mind that we would have won that game.

"I'm desperately disappointed - if I could go back and rerun it all again I wouldn't make the challenge and I would have stayed on my feet.

"It's something that I'll learn from. But things happen so quickly. I'd made the decision to go and win the ball and it turned out to be the wrong one.

"We started really well and I thought we were well in contention - especially in the first half. And so again, I'd like to stress how sorry I am because I know that I have let people down.

"And, on top of everything else, I'm going to miss three important games. For me it's a bad situation, but I've got every confidence that the boys can get a result against West Ham and kick on from there."

Check the tackle out below:

Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...