Monday 18 October 2010

Andy Murray: Fed no push-over

Andy Murray claims that Roger Federer is no push over following the Scotsman victory over Federer in the Shanghai Masters final at the weekend, Andy Murray claimed his eighth victory in thirteen meetings against Federer. Britain's number one and World number four beat the Swiss legend is straight sets 6-3 6-2, and in doing so he claimed his second title of 2010.

It took less than 90 minutes for Murray claim his second shield of the year, also recording his second consecutive defeat of the Swiss in a Masters final. Defeat denied Federer the chance to draw alongside Rafael Nadal on the all-time best of 18 Masters titles.

Andy Murray added,

"I enjoy playing him. I don't find it easy at all. It's incredibly difficult every time."

"But I love the challenge of playing against him. I don't fear playing him. Every time I go on, I know I need to play great tennis to win against him.

"I don't know if my game matches up well against his or not. But I've played some of my best tennis against Roger."

"Against Roger you can't let him get out in front," said Murray.

"You have to go after it early.

"I returned his serve well and got a lot of free points on my first serve and my second serve has improved so much since the start of the year that he wasn't really able to take many chances on it.'' Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...