Friday 6 August 2010

FOOTBALL: Cesc Fabregas commits to Arsenal

Cesc Fabregas has today confirmed that he will be staying at Arsenal this season, after much speculation surrounding Cesc's future and Arsenal have already rejected two offers from Barcelona for their captain. The Catalans launched a last-ditch bid of forty two million pounds.

Manager Arsene Wenger had been desperate in recent days for Fabregas to commit himself to Arsenal before the season and Cesc has today issued a statement saying,

"Firstly I would like to apologise to all the Arsenal fans for not speaking sooner about my future but I have not known what I was going to do until this moment.

"I cannot deny that joining a club like Barcelona was not an attractive move for me.

"This was the club where I learnt my football, it is my home town where my friends and family are and a club where I have always dreamed of playing.

"There are not many players in the world who would not want to play for Barcelona.

"I have had many conversations with Arsene Wenger both in person and over the phone over the last few months and although the content of those conversations will remain private, the conclusion is that Barcelona have had two formal offers rejected by Arsenal.

"I am a professional and I fully understand that it is Arsenal's prerogative not to sell me.

"I owe a lot to the club, manager and the fans and I will respect their decision and will now concentrate on the new season ahead with Arsenal.

"I can assure all the fans that now the negotiations have ended I will be 100 per cent focused on playing for Arsenal.

"I am an Arsenal player and as soon as I step out on to the pitch, that is the only club I will be thinking about.

"I am looking forward to the start of the season and putting this speculation behind me." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...