Wednesday 21 July 2010

FOOTBALL: Joe Cole on joining Liverpool

New Liverpool signing Joe Cole has been explaining his move to Anfield, Cole signed up to a £90,000 a week contract with Liverpool this week. Cole has spent his entire career based at London clubs, but has chosen to move north with Liverpool snubbing both Arsenal and Tottenham.

"I set myself a deadline to make a decision and when I made it I sent a text to Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow and Steven Gerrard and then turned my phone off.

Joe said, "I know I have made the right decision and I am looking forward to the challenge.

"This is a challenge for me. I have played in London all my life. I could have stayed at Chelsea because the fans loved me and I won things, but I wanted to challenge myself and when I knew Liverpool were interested it was a no-brainer because they are the biggest club in the country.

"This is a massive club. I tried to take everything out of the equation, take the financial and location side out and just thought in football terms.

"I thought about the semi-final of the Champions League in 2005 when I ran onto the field and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I was thinking about playing in that atmosphere every week and that swung it for me." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...